Friday, April 5, 2013

"Meet the new guy"

A few weeks ago I announced that Gail and I are moving to Southern California for the next step in our lives and ministry, you can read about that here.

As we prayed about this move we quickly began praying for the person God would call to lead Rock Bridge Chatsworth. Our prayers included someone who:

  • ...is already part of Rock Bridge - already understands and loves our mission
  • ...loves those outside the church
  • ...does or can live in and invest in Murray County
  • ...can join the staff before I even leave so we can transition together
  • ...and most of all, passionately loves and follows Christ, relentlessly believes the Bible and is called to this particular place at this specific time.
In honor of baseball season I simply say... GRAND SLAM HOME RUN! 

This Sunday, April 7, we will have a lunch following church to meet the man who nails everything on this list and more. He is a friend, a proven leader at Rock Bridge and I cannot wait to see what God does at Rock Bridge in Chatsworth through his leadership. I have for several months felt an intense sense of 'revival and renewal' brewing in Chatsworth and I know that Rock Bridge Chatsworth is right in the middle of this movement and I'm so glad to know that God has called such a Godly man to lead the charge.

You may notice I've left a few key details out of this note but I promise that on Sunday the details will come together. There are a few personal items that need completed before we go public but all of that will be done on Sunday so please join us at Bagley Middle School on Sunday at 10:30am to "Meet the new guy" - it's going to be epic.


No comments:

Post a Comment