Thursday, July 23, 2009

The song of the sea

I love the beach. I first remember loving the beach when I was a kid living in Southern California but it probably started before that, living in Maine, or Boston, or San Francisco. It continued through my years in New York where I had access to one of the most beautiful beaches in the nation. [Seriously, Jones Beach State Park - amazing]

Anyway, Gail and I are at the beach right now, spending hours on the sand, listening to the song of the sea, swimming, playing in the water with my grandkids and reading; lots of glorious reading. My skin is beginning to tan, my eyes are perpetually bloodshot from the salt water, I swam with a stingray and I’m smiling most of the time.

All that to say that as I sit here in perpetual joy, getting marvelously refreshed I am ever more excited about what God is doing in Chatsworth. While we continue to seek His guidance for a building and some staffing I feel that same peace, knowing that He has it all figured out. He knows we are not about buildings; we’re about love, acceptance, teaching of God’s Word, and a desire to connect disconnected people to Jesus – something we’ll do even if we have NO building!

I thank God that He brought me to this church, His work in Chatsworth and for the amazing people He has already called to Rock Bridge Chatsworth - can't wait to get back home.

Off to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment